Monday, December 10, 2007

Adaptation

Ok, the schedule has been rejiggered.

He was supposed to do 16 hours this week. I backed that down to 15 because it would be too much of an increase in training volume otherwise. Also, I backed off on the time spent running and put it more on the swim and the bike. This is to keep the injuries at bay. Running is so far worse for that than the other two sports, after all.

Next week is supposed to be his easy week. He took his easy week last week thanks to the trip. But if I schedule him long then he'll be doing 5 long weeks in a row, and that's too much. Burnout and injury could ensue. This is bad. So I think he ought to keep the minutes short as previously scheduled -- a mere 7.5 hr week, but make the intensity high across the board.

Next week is stats time, too. I don't expect a huge improvement, again thanks to the travelling, but there should be a little bit. I hope he gets a proper bike time trial done, too.

No comments: