Sunday, December 16, 2007

Good Long Week

You know your workouts are going well when you have an entire load of laundry to do of just exercise attire. Between the two of us, it was a big load.

A nice side benefit of his working out so much is that I'm more consistent with my workouts, too. I've gone from skipping most of my running workouts, practically all of my bike workouts, and definitely all of my swim workouts to running 3 times per week consistently, spinning once, biking on Saturday, and swimming once every other week or so. I'm pleased about this, too.


Basta is one tired, sore, whiny boy today. He worked out hard all week. He nearly got his minutes done, too. He did 800 of the planned 900 minutes. After not doing much at all last week, this was a big jump. It's not a wonder he's sore.


The only thing he skipped was his 15 minutes/day of yoga. He needs to do that every day, and he's not. I started making the minutes part of his total plan, hoping that would inspire him to do it, but so far it hasn't happened. Ah well. When he gets stiff and sore enough, maybe he'll listen to me and do the yoga.


We have two days here, then it's off to Florida. Rest and recovery week. Easy workouts, short duration. Amongst all of the holiday with family stuff.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You don't get to rest when in FL. Swim in the ocean and jog back and forth to the brother's house. You may eat too much though.